Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hebrews 11:1

I saw this on a license plate yesterday and came home to read it and was so amazed. God reaches me in such subtle, yet in your face ways. Putting my faith in that which I can't see. I turn 50 in less than a year and I feel being led to quit my job and go back to school. I believe my call from God is to teach and do that I have to go back to school and finish what I started a very long time ago. All of it sounds so scary and yet he asks us to give ourselves to him for his plan. Me, I just want to know for sure. I am uncomfortable being led blindly and it seems that God and I deal with that often. He has never, ever led me wrong, he had never misled me yet, I still doubt, still struggle.

Heavenly Father help me to change my disbelief. What you have done in my life in just one year is a miracle of its own. I have no reason to doubt your plans for me. I have no reason to ignore what you are telling me, and yet I do. Is it fear, denial? I will follow you. I commit myself to you to do your will. I know you can make what seems impossible, possible and I know that it can only be done if I let go and give it all to you.

Show me the next step you wnat me to take Lord. Show me the next step. While you are on your time schedule, I will do my best to be obedient. I know there are some things that I have to correct in order to reap the full benefit of your plans for me. There is no doubt in my mind, that all your plans for me are plans of hope, a future, love and a joy that can't be felt without you in the middle of it.

If school is part of the plan, then school it is. Show me Lord how. Show me the next step. What is it you desire of me?

Lord hear my prayers. Bless those that I have trouble with, bless them ten fold and if they are not Christians, I pray that they begin to seek you. Help them in their work, in their personal life, and in their relationship with you. Bless my family Lord and keep them all safe and healthy. I pray for my friend Linda. Lord, if the house is part of your plan for her, let her have the ability to buy it without having to rely on others. Thank you Lord for the beautiful day you gave us to day for our church picnic. It was a glorious day and one that allowed me to meet a wonderful new friend. Thank you.

Forgive me for getting involved in the gossip. I want so badly to find a way to remove myself from these types of conversations and not participate in conversations meant to drag others down. There just isn't enough time for that kind of behaviour. I participated by simply listening. I want to get better at walking away.

No comments: