Sunday, April 24, 2011

I Am Always Amazed by His Knowing..Day 1

Today I started the 365 day plan with God. I wrote in my Journal: Dear Lord, I am excited about this journey with you. I have spent so much time and energy trying to do this on my own, with others, but also without you fully and completely in my life in all areas. I am prepared for hard work and for change. I pray for answered prayers, for miracles beyond my wilddest expectations. Create a new spirit within me. You have wiped my slate clean and I know you have been waiting for me to make this renewed committment. You know my heart Lord, my needs, my circumstances, my wants and desires. You know right where I am this very moment. As in past journal entries, this is no longer a journey about depression or drinking, you have healed me. Thank you. There is still much to do but this time I come to you fully and completely clear headed. Thank you for such an amazing miracle in my life.

As I have always done with God, I then open the book randomly turn to a page, and here is where I landed: Phillipians 4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again. Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to the Lord. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which trancends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." It goes on to say the God of Peace will be with you. There was my message for the day.

Guidelines for this Day: Pray, replace negatives, inpure thoughts, books, movies, people, places with positive ones. Ask God. Practice. Live out God's meaning. Put it into practice. Be obedient to God's word. Be content regardless.

End of the Day Thanksgiving: My husband and I spent some quality time together. My Dad handed me money to cover the expense of the Easter meal which we just happen to really need at the time. We made progress in the house cleaning and getting a pile together of unnecessary stuff to take to good will. Thank you Lord for providing for us and answering my prayers. I need some direction on working out, fitness, training and the expense of it all.

No comments: